Free tour of Baby Yar
If you are visiting Kiev, I am more than happy to take you on a free tour of Baby Yar.
Babi Yar is a ravine in Kiev and a site of a series of massacres carried out by German forces. More than 100,000 people (over 50,000 Jews) were killed there.
The massacre was the largest single mass killing for which the Nazi regime and its collaborators were responsible during its campaign against the Soviet Union and is considered to be “the largest single massacre in the history of the Holocaust” to that particular date, surpassed only by the Aktion Erntefest of November 1943 in occupied Poland with 42,000–43,000 victims, and the 1941 Odessa massacre of more than 50,000 Jews in October 1941, committed by Romanian troops.
Duration: 2-3 hours
Language: English, Ukrainian, Russian
On the tour you will find out about:
– history the Baby Yar area
– mass execution of the Kiev Jewish population in September, 29-30 1941
– story of Syrets concentration camp
– destruction of criminal evidence in 1943
– commemoration of the Jewish Victims after WWII
– Kurenivka mudslide in 1961
– history of the memorials of Babiy Yar
Contact me directly by e-mail email@example.com or via our Facebook group or by phone +38(096)392-58-00